2 Work in Oz offers a series of training programs to upskill and promote safety to those seeking employment in the agricultural sector within Australia. Our training is open to both Australian and non-Australian residents on WHV. Below is a brief explanation of the major course components covered during the four day course.
Training covers on-farm safety, machinery and livestock.
- Machines used during the course include: utes, tractors, headers, air seeder, trailers, chaser bins, field bins.
- Trainees must hold a drivers license to participate in the course.
- Maintenance, driving, vehicle functions are all covered.
- Safety with vehicles is a large part of the course component.
- Low stress handling.
- Wool Handling.
- Livestock health and movement.
- Grain and tool identification and use.
- Ropes, pipes and fencing.
- On-farm safety.
- Planning for living regionally.
- As well as much more!
ACCOMODATION AND MEALS
- Trainees live and learn on our family farm in York, Western Australia, providing ample opportunity to learn from the trainers as well as owner Ley during your stay.
- Accommodation and food are provided for trainees for the duration of the course, three nights and four days.
- Accommodation is shared dormitory style.
- Meals include a healthy and hearty breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner.
- Dietary requirements can usually be accommodated.
- No accommodation can be offered prior or post the course on the farm, however, there are ample accommodation options in the surrounding towns of both York and Greenhills which we can assist with you upon request.