Broadacre cropping business looking for a permanent full-time employee to start in 2024.
The business manages a 90% cropping and 10% sheep enterprise.
Cropping occurs on 2700 hectares growing canola, wheat and barley.
There are 1000 head of ewes on the property for prime lamb. Lambs drop in July and are finished in the feedlot.
Modern machinery and infastructure. All machines in the paddock run on John Deere RTK guidance on 3m tram lines.
Details of interest
Successful, progressive, family-owned and operated, mixed farming business.
Supportive workplace with training and professional development opportunities. The owners are keen to upskill employees by encouraging them to acquire accreditations and licenses applicable to the job as well as attendance at field days and other industry opportunities they might be interested in.
Main job description for the General Farm hand
The role is diverse and a great opportunity to be involved in all aspects of the farming operation.
Duties include but not limited to:
– Assist with main farm activities, such as seeding, spreading, and harvesting crops.
– Operate and perform routine scheduled maintenance of farming machinery and equipment.
– Calibrate and monitor the performance of machinery and adjust settings to optimise each operational procedure.
– Operate general farm machinery and equipment including loader, telehandler, farm trucks, augers, field bins, ATV and motorbikes.
– Monitor and care for livestock, including feeding and occasional stock work.
– Assist with repair and maintenance of farm buildings and sheds, fencing, water infrastructure and farm equipment.
– Commitment to safe work practices.
Skills you need
- Experience preferable, but open to candidates of varying levels.
- Positive attitude.
- Attention to detail.
- Willingness to learn.
- Pride in every job and honesty are very important to our business and key to a successful working relationship.
- Happy to provide training for the right person if they possess the above attributes.
- Manual Drivers licence essential – you will also need your own car.
What are your Rewards
$29-35/hr (based on previous experience) + superannuation + on farm house + work ute provided.
On farm accommodation includes a 3 bedroom 1 bathroom brick home, jarrah floorboards with a new kitchen. Photos can be provided upon application.
What can life after work look like
The farm is located approximately 40km south of Ongerup, 150km NE of Albany and 450km SE of Perth.
Ongerup has a grocery store, primary school, pub, tyre service, Community Resource Centre, and café. The farm is just over an hour from the beautiful beaches of Bremer Bay which offer great fishing, 4wd tracks and camping. The Stirling Ranges are 30 minutes from your doorstep.
Albany services are only an hour and a half drive away. If you like to play sport, the thriving sports club of Boxwood Hill which has footy, hockey & netball over the winter months is 20 minutes away. There is also bowls, cricket, golf, tennis, basketball and darts in the area.
Location : Ongerup, Western Australia
Start Date: Start 2024
Job: Full Time Farmhand
Wages: $29-35/hr (based on previous experience)
Hours: Full-time permanent work
Manual Drivers licence: Essential, Own Car essential
Fluent English required